Make your city the next destination for the SingularityU Canada Summit
It doesn’t matter if you work for a large company or a small start-up, if you just started school, or have multiple PHDs – things are changing so fast we can’t afford to stop learning.
But where do you go to reset your forecast of what’s possible? To be inspired by the BIG ideas that are changing the way we live and work? To hear from global experts in many different fields?
We think there is huge value in facilitating these uncommon gatherings. After all, every progress, every innovation, every breakthrough we have made began with people coming together, sharing ideas, and taking action.
The big question is “Where should we go next?”
What We're Looking For
We’re looking for a host city that wishes to build on the energy and vision that we have created in the 2017 Summit and bring the next Summit to a new destination.
Is your city is an ideal location for the next Summit? A place to bring together thought leaders from all over the country and around the world to discuss the future of Canada?
If you are interested in facilitating the conversation to make it happen, then you are at the right place! Find more detailed information below about the opportunity and requirements to host the next SingularityU Canada Summit!
Why host the next summit?
As host city for the next Summit, you’ll provide a local perspective and experience that ensures attendees get a true understanding of your city’s role in the innovation landscape. You’ll showcase unique locations and facilitate an authentic experience by providing production support – either yourself or through a 3rd party.
As host city, you will benefit from exposure to SU Canada’s ecosystem of influencers and work closely with SU Canada to maximize the Summit’s potential.
Together, we will shine a spotlight on local breakthroughs and broadcast innovations from across the country to the world.
- Strengthen the local community
- Accelerate the growth and status of your city’s tech and innovation ecosystems by gathering stakeholders for an inspirational and results-oriented event
- Showcase your city to international thought-leaders, influencers, and investors. Notable Canadian SU Alumni include:
– John Manley, Former Deputy Prime Minister and CEO of Business Council of Canada
– Rob McEwen, CEO of McEwen Mining Inc.
– Michael Nobrega, Head of OCE and former CEO of OMERs
– John Beck, CEO Aecon Group
– Brian Tobin, Vice Chair BMO Capital Markets and former Premier of Newfoundland
– Ron Mannix, Founder of Coril Holdings Inc.
– Eugene Melnyk, Owner Ottawa Senators NHL team
- Focus some of the most influential innovators in Canadian enterprise on your city by drawing in the Summit’s supporters and sponsors, which include: Google, RBC, CIBC, BMO, Rogers, ATB, CN, Suncor, Deloitte, Canadian Medical Association, Telus Ventures, Scotiabank, TMX, and more…
- Elevate your city’s profile as a tech hub by hosting an international event reserved for the most innovative cities around the world (previous hosts include: San Francisco, Tokyo, Amsterdam, Berlin, Copenhagen, Toronto)
- Provide an opportunity for stakeholders in your tech ecosystem to learn from leading investors, innovators, and academics
- Create business for local suppliers, the hospitality industry, and service providers by hosting a Summit that drew in over 1100 attendees in 2017
- Generate positive change for your city, for Canada, and for the world
“Attending SU was a mind-bending experience. It provides an understanding of how accelerating technologies will transform our personal future, and the future of our companies.”
Former Deputy Prime Minister of Canada, President and CEO of the Business Council of Canada
The World Needs More Canada – Our Time is Now
A Message from the Honourable Navdeep Bains
Key Summit 2017 Stats
- Number of attendees on site – 1100
- Number of attendees across the country – 10,000
- Profile and breakdown of attendees