Inaugural SingularityU Canada Summit to gather experts in AI, mixed reality, robotics, public policy and healthcare to showcase cutting–edge ideas and innovations
October 5, 2017, TORONTO – On October 11 and 12, for the first time in Canada, the SingularityU Canada Summit will bring together CEOs, scientists, Ministers, students, and entrepreneurs to explore how exponential technologies are helping drive positive impact in the world.
More than 1000 participants are coming together to debate and explore the BIG questions in citizenship, healthcare, prosperity, and energy. Featuring Canadian and international leaders, innovators, and disruptors, the Summit will enable participants to think big and then get hands on with cutting-edge innovations in robotics, AI, sensors, healthtech, and mixed reality.
SingularityU Canada Summit and Expo Lab
Wednesday, October 11th, 8:45 a.m. – 11 p.m.
Thursday, October 12th, 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Expo Lab media preview:
Wednesday, October 11th, 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
The Expo Lab will also run throughout the two days for attendees
Evergreen Brick Works, Toronto, ON
Please follow this link to media accreditation.
Bringing the conversation to life, a unique “Lab” on the Summit campus will enable attendees to witness and interact with the cutting-edge tech that is transforming our world. Some of the unique experiences include:
- For the first time, Cloud DX reveals a new, mixed reality application that address the critical global issues of access to care and capacity of hospitals and clinics.
- In time for World Sight Day (Oct 12), the Summit has partnered with eSight Eyewear, a Canadian company that created a revolutionary device that enables the blind to see. The Summit will be the first event in the world to use legally blind volunteers as guides and wayfinders.
- Medella Health will demonstrate a prototype of a new contact lens that enables diabetic patients to measure glucose levels in real time, transforming lives of tens of millions of patients globally.
- Duckietown, a robotics education and outreach program from MIT, will be giving participants a glimpse of the toy sized autonomous vehicles that they will be launching in
- Participants will also get to meet NAO, Softbank’s first humanoid and an interactive companion robot platform with many science fiction like applications.
- From the U.S., the award-winning TREE VR will join the Lab to provide participants with a unique and multisensory experience of what it is like to be in a rainforest.
- Finger Food Studios will demonstrate how teams at Cirque du Soleil work together and use virtual reality to design their award-winning
- XPrize finalist, Pond Technologies will demonstrate a revolutionary carbon capture system that has the potential to reverse some of the negative impacts of carbon.
For questions, to arrange interviews or for more information:
Livy Jacobs, Livy@SUCanada.org
ABOUT THE SINGULARITYU CANADA SUMMIT
SingularityU Canada Summit is the premier launch event of a new movement in Canada seeking to bring together the leading Canadian and International thought leaders to inspire Canadians to shape the Future of Canada and drive global impact. A forum for true debate and uncommon conversations about how technologies like artificial intelligence, nanotechnology, and digital medicine will impact the way we live and work.
The inaugural SU Canada Summit will take place on October 11 – 12 at the Evergreen Brick Works in Toronto, Ontario and will move to different cities every year.
Building the Canadian platform of Singularity University was made possible when a grassroots movement of Canadian SU alumni brought together a visionary group of founding members including ATB, BMO, CIBC, Canadian Medical Association, CN, Deloitte, FairVentures, Goodmans LLP, Google, the Government of Ontario, RBC, Rogers Communications, Scotiabank, Suncor, TMX and TD Bank Group. Together this initial group is on a mission to share SU’s exponential mindset and bold thinking with Canadians from coast to coast to coast.
The group is working closely with leading edge innovation hubs, academic institutions, and NGOs across the country to create a pan-Canadian network of partners who wish to come together and discuss Canada’s role in shaping our collective future.
ABOUT SINGULARITY UNIVERSITY
Singularity University is a global learning and innovation community using exponential technologies to tackle the world’s biggest challenges and build an abundant future for all. SU’s collaborative platform empowers individuals and organizations across the globe to learn, connect, and innovate breakthrough solutions using accelerating technologies like artificial intelligence, robotics, and digital biology. SU was founded in 2008 by renowned innovators Ray Kurzweil and Peter H. Diamandis and has partnered with leading organizations including Google, Deloitte and UNICEF. To learn more, visit SU.org, join us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter @SingularityU, and download our SingularityU Hub mobile app from the App Store.